I got this fancy new coat and it needed a studier hanger than the ones I have. So, I asked my mom to bring me some hangers. She brought a few and I chose this one:
But I was afraid it would snag on the fabric. And that would be bad. So, I had an idea. Not entirely my own idea though. My idea was to cover it with some crochet! There are at least two hangers at home like this. I got to work covering my hanger (which is why the giant long neck dino has only part of one leg).
This is the halfway point.
And the finished product!
I used a worsted weight dark blue yarn with a J hook. I’m not sure what brand of yarn it is because I just had some left over. And I started with a chain of five and went around it in a circle like. I single crocheted to the end of the chain and then went and crocheted on the other side of the chain and kept working in a round.
Since I got my new coat, all the other projects went on hold for a little so I could crochet my hanger cover. The giant long neck dino’s body is done though! :-) I was having problems with his head/neck staying up but I put some plastic in him so now his head stays up! :-) And I ended up redoing his body a total of five times. Five! So many. I just hope I don’t have that same problem with his legs..
As for the scarves; I need to do them! It’s good that the TV show House is starting again soon. That’s when I used to crochet last year at school. So hopefully I will be working on more stuff again then! :-)
And school has been super busy.